I'm having to log in to my iCloud when I turn on my Macbook

Dan_Martin7
Dan_Martin7
Community Member

I have a new Macbook pro and when I turn it on I am prompted to log in to my iCloud on a grey screen (as if in set up mode). I have already set up and downloaded al my iCloud data when I originally set up the Macbook but I am constantly being asked to re enter my iCloud login on my Macbook and iPad as well as for other accounts such as my default google account when I open chrome browser. I am finding 1Password very useful, even more so since using 1Password X alongside the Mac desktop app. But this is becoming an annoying feature, mainly because when I am prompted to re-enter my iCloud information upon starting up the Mac it then re-sets my dock/desktop when it eventually 'set's up' my Mac, which I do not really want to have to do each time I turn on and off my Macbook. Any help would be much appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.4
Sync Type: Unsure

Comments

• Hi @Dan_Martin7

Welcome to the 1Password support forum. My apologies, but this isn't something we have influence over. 1Password doesn't modify how iCloud works, or when it prompts you for your password. If you are being repeatedly or unexpectedly asked for your iCloud credentials I'd suggest reaching out to Apple about that.

In the mean time I'm happy to leave this thread open for you in case anyone from the community has ever seen this before or has any suggestions they'd like to pass along.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.