1password6 and 1password7 mismatching despite using the same vault

Options
baronmax
baronmax
Community Member

I think I was prompted to upgrade to 1password7 from 1password6, although it wasn't clear that this was only a partially functioning upgrade. So I have this installed but if I try to add a new item it is greyed out. However if I create a new login via Safari it is added to the database in 1p7. However if I open 1p6 on another computer (or in fact on the same computer) the new item isn't in it. Conversely if I create a new item in 1p6 either on this computer or others then it doesn't appear in 1p7. I'd like to have the new passwords in both 1p6 and 1p7 synced. How can I do this? They both have the same Opvault file in dropbox so I can't understand why the two don't match.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Dropbox/opvault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @baronmax! Welcome to the forum!

If you open 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab in 1Password 6 and 1Password 7, can you tell us the names of the vaults you have there, in both apps?

• baronmax
    baronmax
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ag_ana Thanks for the reply. In 1P6 its "Primary" In 1P7 its "Primary".

In 1P6 these are the only vaults shown in 'vaults included' (where primary is ticked) and 'vault for saving which shows 'Primary' as the only option.

In 1P7 this is the only vault shown in 'Always open to' and 'show in All Vaults' and 'Vault for saving' which shows 'Primary' as the only option.

In 1P7 when you click on the drop down in 'always open to' it shows 'On Dropbox' above the Primary option but there's only the Primary option you can select (ie just shows that Primary is on Dropbox). Similarly on 'Vault for saving' although I notice that the text here is in grey rather than white?... does this mean something?

If I click on sync option in 1P6 it says "Sync Primary vault with Dropbox (in the dropdown list. Then below the location is given as: "Transcend> Dropbox (personal) > 1Password > 1Password.opvault"

If I click on sync option in 1P7 it says "Sync Primary vault with Dropbox (in the dropdown list. Then below the location is given as: "Transcend> Dropbox (personal) > 1Password > 1Password.opvault"

Hope that helps?

By the way the number of 'all items' on 1P6 is 461 and on 1P7 is 457. Unfortunately the items that are different is more than 4 but not very easy to work out which ones are or aren't in each database....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the additional information @baronmax! That was very useful. It looks like you are indeed using the same vault everywhere, so the issue is not in the way you configured 1Password, but rather there seems to be a sync problem with Dropbox.

Can you please go through all of the troubleshooting steps in the following article and see if they help?

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

This discussion has been closed.