To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Watchtower: Same Password is "Vulnerable" and "Weak" On Different Sites

BoCoKeith
BoCoKeith
Community Member

When I run a Watchtower report (actually from 1Password.com on Chrome, not from the Windows app, but didn't see a Chrome option), the same password shows up as "vulnerable" on one site and as "weak" on others. Why is that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Watchtower: Same Password is "Vulnerable" and "Weak" On Different Sites

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BoCoKeith!

I think this can happen is your credentials were compromised on a website. If a website had your credentials compromised, this password will show up in the vulnerable section of the Watchtower report. If you are using the same password on other websites, but it has not been compromised there, Watchtower will just tell you that the password is a weak one.

If this is indeed what is happening to you, I recommend changing this password to a stronger one, and generate new ones for all your accounts that use the same password, since this specific one has been compromised. We don't recommend reusing passwords for multiple websites, since reusing passwords on multiple websites is a security risk.

This discussion has been closed.