How do I set my profile up so that I don't log out after 10 mins of inactivity?

Options
charbona
charbona
Community Member

For my team, I want to set it up so that we aren't logged out less than 4 hours at a time. I have tried changing my auto-lock setting, but each time I re-open my chrome browser, it resets to the 10 minutes. As administrator, I would also like to be able to adjust the settings for my team so they can't lengthen the auto-lock out more than I already have.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:auto-lcok

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @charbona! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using? From what you wrote, it sounds like you installed 1Password X, which runs completely inside the browser, which would explain why you are asked to unlock 1Password again every time you quit and reopen your browser (since 1Password X closes together with the browser).

Auto-lock settings can be configured by each individual user, there is currently no way that I know to configure this at the team level.

• charbona
    charbona
    Community Member
    Options

I wasn't using a browser extension, but just logging into the website itself. I didn't know if there was a way to change my profile, so that if I log into the website without the browser extension, I don't have to change it to more than 10 mins each time.

• SvenS1P
    Options

@charbona: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! You mentioned that the auto-lock settings are reset when you re-open the Chrome browser. Do you have Chrome configured to clear all cookies and local data when you close it? The auto-lock settings are stored on each device individually, so it relies on the data being kept around.

You can check by going to Chrome's settings, then Privacy and security > Site settings > Cookies and site data. If the Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome option is enabled, then 1Password won't be able to keep your preferences when you restart Chrome. The same applies if you have some kind of policy that clears application data when you restart a device. Let us know how you get on :smile:

This discussion has been closed.