Having to unlock on each use

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password doesn't stay unlocked after unlocking from inside another app.

Comments

• Duddy
    Duddy
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1P with Safari on a MacBook Pro, and I'm having to unlock 1P for every sucessive site I wish to log in to. Shouldn't I have to unlock it only once? I was assuming that I could select the 1P icon, locate the next saved website, and select go without having to unlock 1P each time. To me this is an extra unnecessary step that defeats the whole purpose.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Duddy

For what you're describing to work you'd need to have biometrics enabled in 1Password (Touch ID / Face ID) and have unlocked 1Password for iOS itself (e.g. not autofill) at least once prior to trying to use it through autofill. If you're still having trouble after trying those things please let us know.

My apologies; I just re-read your message and see you mentioned you're on a Mac, not iOS. The thread you posted in is in our iOS category. I'm going to split your message off into a new thread in Mac so we have the right context for your question. :)

In the meantime I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• Your forum username: Duddy
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/558290/#Comment_558290

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.