Attachments (redux

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

Like many other users, I do not like the way 1p handles attachments, i.e., documents. It is very tedious to load documents, then link them to items in two directions (from item to doc, then doc to item). However, I have a suggestion: Why not make attachments and documents separate entities?

You attach files to related items, and load documents that are more stand alone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51!

Thank you for sharing this idea with us :+1:

• wuuyuu
    wuuyuu
    Community Member
    Options

@rlgleason51 Actually a standalone vault can make attachments to an item. A subsciber account can store separate documents. But neither can do both. I don't know why.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wuuyuu:

Standalone vaults are the oldest type of vault we support, and back then they only worked with attachments. 1Password.com vaults are more recents, and we decided to store Documents in their separate category so they can be grouped in the same place.

• wuuyuu
    wuuyuu
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks for your replying. I am using both of them for a different reason. An online account is used to autofill things. A standalone one is used as an off-line backup. I just wanna make sure that you won't stop supporting standalone vaults, right?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2020
    Options

@wuuyuu:

I am not aware of any plans to do so at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.