Does 1Password work with Catalina? I am getting a new imac that has this operating system.o

Options
bwaldron
bwaldron
Community Member

I have 1Password 7.5 on my older imac running High Sierra and will be getting a new imac and would like to continue with this pass word manager. Is it compatible with Catalina? if so what version is it?
I will be doing a migration of data from my old imac to the new one and want to know what I should do about my current 1Password.
Thanks Bev Waldron

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does 1Password work with Catalina? I am getting a new imac that has this operating system.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bwaldron!

Is it compatible with Catalina?

Yes, it's compatible.

if so what version is it?

Do you mean what version of 1Password or what version of Cataline?

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

What version of 1Password works with Catalina. Currently I have 7.5 so would that just transfer to my new imac? Thank you

• Ben
    Options

1Password 7.5 is fully compatible with Catalina, yes. :) If you're using a 1Password membership I would not recommend using Migration Assistant or similar to move 1Password / its data. Instead I'd recommend downloading a fresh copy of the app:

Download 1Password for Mac

and then sign in with your 1Password account. Your Emergency Kit can assist you in the process:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.