Launch 1Password at Login

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Hi there,

Since doing a clean install of my OS, and reinstalling all of my apps, 1Password doesn't automatically start at login. Checking Users & Group -> Login Items, I don't see anything listed for 1Password. Checking the app itself, I don't see anything to launch at login. Should I add 1Password to Login Items, or is there a Helper app that needs to be added? How do I set 1Password to launch at login?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kappabear!

With the 1Password for Mac app open, please right-click on its icon in the Dock and select Options > Open at Login.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Right, but that will cause the 1Password application to launch at login. As I recall, but may be mistaken, 1Password would launch in the background and always be ready when I needed it, without actually being active on my Dock, but on my Menu Bar. That's what I'm hoping for.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks @kappabear. I think you may be thinking of the
    1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running
    option, which is enabled by default. Do you have that option enabled?

Please let me know.

Ben

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Yep, I absolutely do, but it doesn't appear to be working. If/when I restart my computer, 1Password has to be manually launched (using Alfred) before I can use any aspect of the application. I thought that I thought that I could simply press Command-Option-Backslash and have access to 1Password, without having had to previously launch the 1Password app.

Cheers

• Ben
    Options

That should indeed be the case. Please try restarting your computer, and if you are still experiencing this, generate a diagnostics report. Please generate the report before working around the issue by launching 1Password.

These instructions will walk you through generating the report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/558735/#Comment_558735
    • Your forum username: kappabear

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, thanks. Will do, but it may be a while as I just restarted Saturday, and have a large backup underway.

Cheers!

• Ben
    Options

Understood. :)

Ben

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I restarted the computer and 1Password appears to be working as expected. Very strange. If it starts malfunctioning again, as it had, I'll be sure to follow your instructions above.

Cheers!

• Ben
    Options

It's an old trick, but a good one. Thanks @kappabear.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.