Safari Extension Stuck on "Installing"

Options
bgtanguay
bgtanguay
Community Member

Hi, I've been unable to get the safari extension for 1Password to move past the installation stage in my launchpad. I have the latest version of safari, and have 1Password installed as an application on my Macbook Pro, but despite restarting the computer and trying to restart the process, it keeps getting stuck at "installing."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bgtanguay

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with the extension in Safari. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• Pacnw1
    Pacnw1
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled, installed, can't say how many times, on new MBA. The safari extension box would not let me place a check in the box. Then read in another forum to jiggle the window where the box is placed. Success! Weirdest solution I've ever seen.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Pacnw1

Now that's one I have not heard of. Thanks for sharing, maybe others will find it useful.

This discussion has been closed.