Is there anyway to activate fingerprint access on the stand alone chrome extension?

It seems that the 1Password extension (desktop app required) is able to unlock with the fingerprint, but the 1Password X does not. The 1Password X is a far better experience so I would like to keep using that, but it is annoying that I have to put my password in each time. Is there any way that the 1Password X can get fingerprint access too?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension fingerprint

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Chrismet! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, if you are using 1Password for Mac beta and 1Password X beta, you can enable desktop app integration, which allows you to unlock 1Password X with Touch ID :)

• Chrismet
    Chrismet
    Community Member

Hi Ag_Ana, thanks for this. This is great news. I can't seem to get the chrome beta app to link with the Mac beta app. It says "Unable to establish a connection with 1Password desktop app" I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the beta app from the link provided.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

@Chrismet:

Can you please let us know the exact version of the 1Password for Mac app and of 1Password X that you are currently using, for confirmation?

• Chrismet
    Chrismet
    Community Member

Sure. I just updated everything to the beta as per your first post.

Chrome extension: 1.20.0

Mac app:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.5.1.BETA-0 (70501000)
    1Password Beta

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Chrismet:

Thank you for the confirmation! I would like to ask you to get some logs from 1Password X and email them to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Chrismet
    Chrismet
    Community Member

[#GZM-54318-659]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Chrismet:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: GZM-54318-659

This discussion has been closed.