Where ever possible don't do a "This discussion has been closed"

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

I am thoroughly impressed by the support that happens on a daily basis in discussions.agilebits.com/ but I think it can be even better :).

I am sure Support realizes that maybe much more often than not 1P users obtain a solution to their problem by just searching/browsing these 1Password Support Forums, and so without ever having to post about their specific problem. And so I wonder why Team Members close a discussion prior to the solution being posted? Of course | know sometimes it may be due to the potential release of personal information...fair enough. And the "closing" of a thread often occurs once there is a submission of a diagnostic report. I think it would be worthwhile for a resolution to be posted subsequent to the analysis of the diagnostic report. For example: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/560206#Comment_560206

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmjm!

It's to avoid slowing down support times for the person who posts the discussion, and for everyone else. We want to avoid having to reply to the same person in multiple places, especially when we have to reply to the same question on the forum and via email (if you are spending some time here on the forum, I am sure you have noticed that this happens quite often).

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

I kind of understand but an inquiry posed on this public forum without a posted resolution (private and personal information aside) is less than optimal. Having said that I do understand that time and resources are finite. I just wanted "you" to know that a solution can benefit many more than just the OP.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for your feedback :+1:

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

@jmjm Hear! Hear!

• Hey folks.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I think we need to be careful here... e.g. if we find that some 3rd party software that is installed is causing a difficulty, everyone might not be so comfortable with us revealing that they had that software installed in a public forum. Someone might not want everyone to know which anti-virus or firewall software they are using. That's just one example. I do certainly see your point though and will discuss with the team to see if there are ways we can better follow up on threads that wouldn't require disclosing anything that might be considered sensitive. Time constraints would still be a consideration that would need to be factored in, but perhaps we can look at the idea of asking people if they mind if we post the ultimate resolution to their problem as a follow-up post here.

Ben

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Sounds good @Ben .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.