Not saving login on some websites

On some websites it doesn't save login. I click 'Save in 1Password' and nothing happens

Example websites:
https://tilda.cc/
https://discussions.agilebits.com/

Chrome, plugin version 1.19.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Not saving credentials

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alexbay! Welcome to the forum!

I see that you are using the 1Password X browser extension, but you then wrote that your sync method is iCloud. 1Password X does not use iCloud, it only works with 1Password.com as a sync method, and you need an active 1Password subscription for that. I wonder if this might be related to what you are seeing. Can you please elaborate on your setup a little bit?

• AntiPaste
    AntiPaste
    Community Member

+1 on the save functionality being broken.

1Password X version: 1.19.1
    Browser version: 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)

The following error message pops up in the background page console when the "Save in 1Password" button is clicked:

background.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'sessionForTabId' of undefined
        at LE (background.js:2)
        at DE (background.js:2)

• AntiPaste
    AntiPaste
    Community Member

After finding this thread https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113339/cant-save-or-update-logins-in-chrome#latest and reinstalling the extension it's working again. :+1:

• alexbay
    alexbay
    Community Member

ag_ana, maybe I'm wrong about Sync method. I don't know exactly which one I'm using

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @AntiPaste! I am glad to hear everything is working for you again :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alexbay:

Perhaps you are seeing a different issue, but can you try the suggestion posted by AntiPaste and see if that works for you too?

• alexbay
    alexbay
    Community Member

I reinstalled my 1Password X extension, still not working

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @alexbay! I’m thinking you may be running into an issue that we recently figured out. There was a bug where a setting that no longer exists in 1Password X was interfering. Please give these steps a try and let me know if you see any better results:

1. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Manage extensions".
    2. Turn on the "Developer Mode" switch on the top right if it isn't already turned on.
    3. Click the "Background Page" link in the center of the extension's information page. A new window will popup.
    4. Click the "Console" tab at the top.
    5. Write this line in the console and hit Enter: localStorage.removeItem("devtools")
    6. Close the window, then turn off/disable the 1Password X extension in the browser, and turn it back on again.
    7. Unlock it and see if it now saves your new logins properly.
  • alexbay
    alexbay
    Community Member

@kaitlyn, I followed your instructions and it fixed the problem. Thank you so much!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear that, @alexbay! You're so welcome. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.