Feature request: custom list of compromised passwords

chris13524
chris13524
Community Member

What I'd like to see is the ability to record in 1Password a list of passwords that I know (or want to assume) are compromised. This would force 1Password to alert me about all my logins that are now compromised.

I see this useful in several ways:
- the ability to deprecate old passwords, even if they haven't shown up in HIBP yet
- the ability to find logins that use a specific password
- if I accidentally leak a password (e.g. chat room; long story), I can immediately record it as compromised and fix all my now compromised logins

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chris13524!

You can already do all of these things with features that are already available in 1Password ;)

• the ability to deprecate old passwords, even if they haven't shown up in HIBP yet

For this, you can sort your items by Date Created or Date Modified.

• the ability to find logins that use a specific password

You can search this password in the search bar in the 1Password app, and 1Password will show you all logins that are currently using this password.

• if I accidentally leak a password (e.g. chat room; long story), I can immediately record it as compromised

For this, you can use tags:

Organize with favorites and tags

• chris13524
    chris13524
    Community Member

You can search this password in the search bar in the 1Password app, and 1Password will show you all logins that are currently using this password.

It doesn't seem that searching by password in the search bar actually works. I use 1Password X and the online interface, is searching by password not supported in those?

Supporting search by password would be a good way to support this feature request and is in-fact the first thing I tried to do, however it did not work for me.

The issue with your other two solutions/points is it requires me to know which logins use a specific password I want to deprecate. That's the point: I don't know what they are... I want to find them or be alerted of them so I can change them.

So what I'm saying is right now you have watchtower. And one thing it can do is tell you if any of your passwords have been compromised. What I want is the ability to have a separate list that I might maintain that holds a list of passwords I want to consider compromised and to never be used again. I think ideally this would be accomplished by a separate list I can manage, or alternatively supporting search-by-password (which again doesn't appear to work for me).

• Indeed - 1Password X and the 1Password.com web app do not support searching the password field. 1Password for Mac does. Perhaps we can add that to future revisions of the other apps. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.