Personal and Business account logged out and switched - Chrome browser profile issue

I'm not sure when this started happening. I think after the 1.19.1 1Password X update.

I have a 1PW Business and a 1PW Families account each one set up in a separate Chrome profiles.

• On Chrome profile 1 I have the 1PW X extension installed and only logged in to my 1PW biz account.
  • On Chrome profile 2 I have 1PW X installed and only logged into my 1PW Families account.

The other day I went to use the extension on profile 2, my Families account, and my passwords weren't showing up. Odd...I then notice my Business passwords were showing up.

I look into the 1PW X extension settings for Chrome profile 2 (Families) and see that my Families account is logged out and Business is logged in.

I never logged in to my Business account on Chrome profile 2!

On Chrome profile 1 (Business), all looks normal. Only my Business account is showing up in the extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @royimous! 👋

If you sign into an account in the 1Password web app (https://my.1password.com) while 1Password X is installed, you'll get a pop up in the upper right corner asking if you'd like to add the account to 1Password X. Do you think you could have signed into your Business account in profile 2 and hit "yes" on that pop up by chance?

As far as your Families account being locked and your Business account being unlocked, the only way to do that would be to open the 1Password X pop-up (while both accounts are added to 1Password X) and enter in your Business account's Master Password. Is it possible you accidentally typed your Business account's Master Password into the 1Password X pop-up in profile 2?

Let me know if what I mentioned jogged your memory at all!

• royimous
    royimous
    Community Member

Thanks for the response!

I recreated the process you detailed and I don't think that's what happened. The reason being I have different color themes on each profile to visually differentiate and the extension doesn't auto-fill the secret key for my 1PW Business log in. I don't think I would have logged into my Business account on accident on profile 2 and then clicked "yes" on the pop up as well.

It's working fine now, I'll update this thread if it happens again. :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @royimous! Thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.