On a website with two password fields the wrong one is filled

Hi!

I created a login for https://cloud.earmaster.com/login today.
Unfortunately, the site has two sets of username/password fields.

By using the tip in https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/ I at least managed to fill in the right username (the one on the right side). But I cannot seem to get the right password field to be filled.
Is there anything else I can do about it myself? Or do I need to contact the website owner to fix this?

Thanks for your help
Agnes

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:wrong password field is filled

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AgnesO! Welcome to the forum!

I have tested that website here and I confirm that I see the same behavior you are seeing: I managed to get 1Password to fill the username on the right, but the password field on the left is the one who gets filled all the time. I think 1Password is getting confused because there are two forms that look the same on the same page :(

• AgnesO
    AgnesO
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana!
    Thanks for checking.
    So there's nothing I could do about it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AgnesO:

With the companion browser extension, it doesn't look like you can do much at the moment unfortunately. However, I have tested the same website using the 1Password X browser extension, and I was able to fill the correct form there. This is because 1Password X works a bit differently from the companion browser extension: when you click on a login form, 1Password X will show you a menu directly below the login form. So if you select the form on the right, 1Password X knows to fill the form on the right, and will ignore the other one.

Here is a short video I recorded for you to show you 1Password X in action on that website:

• AgnesO
    AgnesO
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Thanks!
    Hmm, so if I got that right, 1Password X is only working with Firefox and Chrome (while I primarily work with Safari). I would be OK to use this website in Firefox, but then I read that integration with the 1Password app is only available in a beta version of the app? Is that correct?
    I'm not too keen on working with a beta version to be honest.

• @AgnesO

Integration in this sense refers to the ability to unlock the 1Password X extension with the Touch ID sensor and have a unified experience. If this is going to be the only site you need to use 1Password X with, you could forgo that and not use the beta.

• AgnesO
    AgnesO
    Community Member

@ag_tommy
    Oh great! I tried this and it works.
    Thanks a lot for your quick help!

• You're welcome. Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.