To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating multiple Dropbox vaults to Membership

Options
warpspeed
warpspeed
Community Member

Hi folks, just curious as to the best way to do this... I have multiple Dropbox vaults that I'd like to migrate to a Membership cloud account.

I have my primary one, then several others. I'd like to migrate them all to equivalents in the cloud.

I also want to know what happens to the existing ones in Dropbox, do they get left there, and do I need to make sure I 'unpair' those from each device once the vaults have been migrated?

To be clear, I already have the cloud account, and already have some items in the primary Private vault, just not all. I'm running the latest version of all the apps.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    Options

I did look around the menus in 1P7 Windows for a 'migrate this vault' option, but couldn't find an obvious option for that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @warpspeed!

I have my primary one, then several others. I'd like to migrate them all to equivalents in the cloud.

You can start by creating new vaults in your 1Password account. Once they are created, you can migrate one vault at the time by moving items from the old vault to the new vault.

I also want to know what happens to the existing ones in Dropbox, do they get left there, and do I need to make sure I 'unpair' those from each device once the vaults have been migrated?

If you don't remove them from Dropbox, they will remain there. If you leave them there or not is up to you, but we recommend at least removing the old Dropbox vaults from the 1Password app, so 1Password will only use your new ones, and there will be no risk to save items in the wrong vault by mistake.

This discussion has been closed.