How to automatically save passwords

This discussion was created from comments split from: How to save passwords.

Comments

• jillmid
    jillmid
    Community Member

What do you do, if when signing in to a new website, the save password button doesn't appear? I've tried to save a password manually, in settings and it won't save there either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jillmid! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using? And is this happening on every website, or just with some of them?

• jillmid
    jillmid
    Community Member

Hi and thanks for the help! I have 1Password 7. It appears to be happening on every one website. I then figured out how to add a password manually, (by clicking on the settings and then click on the "New Login") and that worked for some websites and then didn't work at all. So now I'm stuck. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jillmid:

Thank you for the confirmation! If you open 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab, is the option named Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them enabled?

• jillmid
    jillmid
    Community Member

Hi yes, it's enabled. And also, as I tried to sign in to a website and use 1Password, it wouldn't autofill the password. So now, I'm not saving any more passwords and then then ones I've saved, won't autofill. Please advise! Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jillmid:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.