Instructions are vague for setup up 1Password as an Authenticator

jlucero
jlucero
Community Member

Here is the link.

https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

This section is vague and I do not uderstand.

When I login to my 1Password I get a series of vaults to choose from. I do not see a "login item for the website" like the instructions on this page say to select. What login item and what website?

Can someone please explain the instructions to me?

Thank you,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jlucero! Welcome to the forum!

What login item and what website?

The website for which you are trying to configure two factor authentication. I suppose you already have a list of items store inside 1Password, correct? If you do, click on that Login item inside 1Password.

For example, if you want to configure two factor authentication for you Google account, click on your Google login inside 1Password and click on the Edit button, so you can continue with the remaining steps in the instructions.

• jlucero
    jlucero
    Community Member

Ok I don't have any of the sites in 1Password just vaults, O365 is the one I want to setup. I will have to find instructions to add one of them to 1Password. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jlucero:

If you install the 1Password extension in your browser and login to the website, 1Password will prompt you to save those credentials inside the app. That is going to be the easiest ways to add your logins to your 1Password vault ;)

This discussion has been closed.