Initial thoughts on 4.0.2 release

mgshoutman
mgshoutman
Community Member
Well it was quite a surprise the 4.0 release popped up at a sudden in the App Store. Perhaps I missed your info or message on this but it would have been great to know that the App - we are all testing without any compensation - has already been submitted. Very strange and for me it doesn't feel good.

iPhone/iPad

1) When connecting to Dropbox, the old 1Password icon shows up.

2) my report here (http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/11383-40b46-400146-alphabetical-sub-sort-order-not-correct/) on sort order since b46 is solved. strange as I am confused at which beta the app has been submitted.

iPad (I did not install the beta on an iPad)

1) When connection to Dropbox, the "allow" screen is not in the middle of the screen.

2) In portrait mode, I don't like the horizontal display of category content. IMHO vertical display was so much better. So much more scrolling too. well this must be a matter of taste.

Last but not least no word on the necessity of further beta testing...

Comments

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Yeah, I just found out from TUAW that 4.0 just got released. An email would've been nice. Nevertheless, congratulations!
  • jhollington
    jhollington
    Community Member
    Saw it all happening on Twitter last night. Definitely a much more sudden release than I expected, particularly with the fact that there still seem to be a number of small things from the betas that weren't quite resolved.

However, I guess one has to draw the line somewhere and simply decide to ship what you've got at some point, and to be fair 1Password 4 is generally a solid, usable product with a few minor nits that will hopefully be resolved in a 4.1 update.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    A surprise also for me.
    Just wonder: stable version will overwrite beta or beta will overwrite stable ?
  • mgshoutman wrote:
    Well it was quite a surprise the 4.0 release popped up at a sudden in the App Store. Perhaps I missed your info or message on this but it would have been great to know that the App - we are all testing without any compensation - has already been submitted. Very strange and for me it doesn't feel good.

I have to agree on this. Especially the testing (and even translating part) without compensation. We knew that, but I expected a better communication. Well, or at least some kind of communication...

• I have to agree on this. Especially the testing (and even translating part) without compensation. We knew that, but I expected a better communication. Well, or at least some kind of communication...

I am sorry for the lack of the communication. I should have thought about letting the beta team know the release somehow.

We were strongly urged by Apple to not pre-announce anything before the app is approved. Also, the features and bug fixes in the current beta (build 45) are ahead of the release (build 42) available in the store and I didn't think you would be too excited about the old version of the app.

Again, sorry for the bad feelings it caused.
  • roustem wrote:
    Also, the features and bug fixes in the current beta (build 45) are ahead of the release (build 42) available in the store and I didn't think you would be too excited about the old version of the app.

Again, sorry for the bad feelings it caused.

Accepted. :) It's not really about the version, just the fact of the release.
This discussion has been closed.