1P 7.5 Extension not working with Safari 12.1.2

Options
sfiorill
sfiorill
Community Member

Reinstalled 7.5 twice. 1P is enabled under Pref -> Extensions. 1P icon appears in Safari toolbar and in right-click Safari menu, but neither brings up 1P dialog box. Works great in FireFox.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 7.5
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1P 7.5 Extension not working with Safari 12.1.2

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi @sfiorill

1Password 7.5 requires Safari 13. You should be able to get the update to Safari 13 even on macOS 10.14, though we'd recommend upgrading to 10.15.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. My apologies if you read what I'd originally written here - I didn't catch that you were using an incompatible version of Safari.

• calamita
    calamita
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I click the 1P icon in Safari or in the menu bar, and it "blinks" but doesn't open and is not responsive beyond that.

But, when I click on the 1P icon in Chrome or in the menu bar when I'm in Chrome, it works fine.

Safari: Version 13.0 (14608.1.49)
    1P: 7.5

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@calamita:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Does the Safari extension work now?

• calamita
    calamita
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that solved the problem. This is not the first time this has happened (don't remember how I solved it last time). Anything I can do to prevent this again (some incompatibility or something)? Is this a known bug?

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@calamita:

Due to the way the Safari extension works (which is bundled with the 1Password app), this could happen after an update. I have never had it happen to me in my Safari browser, so I am not sure what could be causing it, but I know that quitting 1Password completely and relaunching it usually fixes this.

• calamita
    calamita
    Community Member
    Options

Again, thank you! I'll remember the solution next time.

• @calamita

On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.