Chrome's password fill getting in the way of 1P

ckp
ckp
Community Member

Was wondering if there is a setting somewhere maybe in Chrome for this? It's super annoying that every time I go to a page with a login, Chrome will popup it's own login selection list and not 1P, so I have to press the escape key on my keyboard to get rid of it and then click the 1P icon to select the login from 1P. This happens on both my Windows PC and Mac laptop. I do have Chrome set with this for Chrome's password manager: 1Password X – Password Manager is controlling this setting. I realize this might not be the fault of 1p, so I'm just hoping for a setting fix that I may not have found yet.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• Hi @ckp

We generally recommend disabling Chrome's password management capabilities altogether to avoid conflicts. We have a guide that can help you through that available here:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

I actually tried that but it didn't work. Chrome still kept showing me a drop list of its known logins first, requiring me to press the escape key to then show 1p's list. Maybe it wouldn't happen if I actually cleared my entire chrome password history but I really don't want to do that since I like to save in Chrome too.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

You're exactly right, @ckp. Clearing your passwords from Chrome would prevent it from suggesting to fill for you.

This discussion has been closed.