To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Primary, private and personal vaults. How to delete the one's I don't want?

drjmcmillan
drjmcmillan
Community Member

HI. I have 1 password 7 families. I have invested in multiple previous iterations of 1 password even having an online personal account at one point. Having set up 1 password 7 families and deleting all other vaults from my mac I think the vaults are still lurking in the background. I use Alfred a lot with 1 password integration and when I use it to open a 1 password link I get 3 options - a private, a personal and a primary vault. I would really like to get rid of data relating to the personal and primary vault as they are redundant and confusing. I have tried resetting and reinstalling 1 password 7 as per online instructions but they are still there. How do I get rid of them once and for all?

Just in case it's not clear these redundant vaults are not appearing in my 1 password preferences but they are obviously still around 'behind the scenes'.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:Primary, private and personal vaults. How to delete the one's I don't want?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drjmcmillan!

Just in case it's not clear these redundant vaults are not appearing in my 1 password preferences but they are obviously still around 'behind the scenes'.

What do you see if you open 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab?

• drjmcmillan
    drjmcmillan
    Community Member

Tried to upload image but it didn't work. Have sent as an attachment. Thanks

• drjmcmillan
    drjmcmillan
    Community Member

I just see my Families vaults (Private, Shared etc.). No personal or primary vault. I tried to upload image / attachment for you but it wouldn't let me. Thanks

• @drjmcmillan

If all of your data is available to you when you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ then I'd suggest:

1. Print an Emergency Kit: Get to know your Emergency Kit
    2. Use Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data in 1Password for Mac
    3. Sign back into your account

If after that you're still seeing these vaults I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/114155/primary-private-and-personal-vaults-how-to-delete-the-ones-i-dont-want#latest
    • Your forum username: drjmcmillan
    • A screenshot showing where exactly you're seeing these extraneous vaults

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@drjmcmillan:

For future reference, you can upload a screenshot here on the forum by clicking on the little picture icon:

• drjmcmillan
    drjmcmillan
    Community Member

Hi Ben

Email sent. Support ID Number is [#MRX-52416-768]
    Thanks

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@drjmcmillan

I was able to locate your report. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: MRX-52416-768

This discussion has been closed.