My iPad Mini 4 seems incompatible with 1Password AutoFill

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2020 in iOS

I rediscovered my iPad Mini 4 I thought was lost. iOS Password AutoFill was introduced in iOS 11 but I disabled the feature back then. I found the iPad, updated it to iPadOS 13.5.1 and AutoFill Passwords, which is under the Password and Accounts, doesn't show Keychain and 1Password like it should. It shows an on/off toggle instead. All my other iOS devices work properly, even my iPhone SE.

I'll try DFU mode to see what happens. I already restored to factory settings and it didn't work.

Here's the screenshot:

1Password Version: 1Password 7.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 13.5.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What happens if you enable AutoFill Passwords in that screen? Does your iPad allow you to select something once the feature is enabled?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

@ag_ana.

Nothing happens. It should have been AutoFill Passwords > Autofill Passwords On/Off as it is for the other devices.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

It's working now. I rebooted my 1Pad Mini probably about 20 times trying to get DFU mode to work, without going into DFU mode. Booting into DFU mode can be tricky.

AutoFill Passwords > Autofill Passwords On/Off now appears.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

@ag_ana,

I omitted in my original post, Keychain and AutoFill Passwords were both off before my upgrade from iOS 11.x to iPadOS 3.5.1. Both are now on. Should it have mattered?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that the AutoFill menu works as expected now.

I don't think that the fact that Keychain and AutoFill were disabled before upgrading iOS mattered, however it is certainly possible. It was quite a big upgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 13, so perhaps there was a connection here.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

The problem came back. I restored my iPad Mini to a previous backup with Keychain off and the problem reappeared. AutoFill Passwords was on by default. At least I know this issue can be rectified.

I turn off Keychain because I can use 1Password AutoFill and don't see the need for both Keychain and 1Password AutoFill to be on. Agilebits could try this on your end. There will be data loss, be sure to backup first if you want to try this out.

AutoFill Passwords On
    Keychain Off

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @wkleem. I would recommend submitting this feedback to Apple, as this is happening on the iOS side of things. 1Password isn't involved in the process at that level.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben,

I will play around with the iPad Mini. The problem might be transient. While I waited for the Apps to be updated, it resolved itself in 2 hours, or more.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, perhaps things will resolve themselves on their own this time too :+1:

This discussion has been closed.