1Password has disappeared from Safari extension options?

Options
mgbeaty360
mgbeaty360
Community Member

MacOS: 10.15.5
Safari: 13.1.1
1Password: 7.5
Sych: iCloud

Safari preferences is no longer showing 1Password as a possible extension. There is no box to check. Even though I have a license, Safari wants me to download 1Password. When I tried to download it from the App Store (even though I already have it installed), download ever completes.

I have had a 1Password license for over a year. This problem just started out of the blue? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mgbeaty360

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

Safari preferences is no longer showing 1Password as a possible extension

That's rather odd as the Safari extension is part of the 1Password app itself as of 1Password 7. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

When I tried to download it from the App Store (even though I already have it installed), download ever completes.

If you have a license, rather than a membership, the App Store download will not work for you. The App Store version of 1Password is membership-only. Please let me know how the instructions above work out.

Ben

• mgbeaty360
    mgbeaty360
    Community Member
    Options

Before I posted this, I tried to delete 1Password using a "cleaner." It did not work. I now tried to move 1Password to the regular trash. That does not work either? Is there another way to delete 1Password?

• mgbeaty360
    mgbeaty360
    Community Member
    Options

I figured out the trash issue, sorry

• Ben
    Options

No worries. Please let me know what the end result is, or if you have any other questions along the way. :)

Ben

• mgbeaty360
    mgbeaty360
    Community Member
    Options

It's fixed. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.