To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Problem migrating data. Now have 2 accounts with different passwords. Want one account, all devices,

susansheridan
susansheridan
Community Member

I had an old free ipassword account on my iPhone. I bought the individual account and tried to migrate the information to my new account on the iPhone but could not do that. I then installed my new account on my laptop. Now the new account is on my laptop and the old account with all of my information is on the iPhone. I need the new account on both laptop and iPhone with all of my information. Please help me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Problem migrating data. Now have 2 accounts with different passwords. Want one account, all devices,

Comments

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Hi @susansheridan ,

Have you tried signing in to your old account on Windows or macOS?
    Maybe this way you can move all your data to your new account.

You can find your credentials for your old 1Password account in the iOS app under settings > 1Password accounts, if you have lost them.

• Hi @susansheridan

I'm sorry to hear this process didn't go smoother. Is the iPhone that has all of your information signed into your 1Password account? If it is not, yet, then please add the account in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts. Once the account has been added, if the migration doesn't happen automatically, you can use the Settings > Advanced > Migrate Data to Your Account option to trigger it.

You should then be able to see all of your data by signing in at https://my.1password.com/ as well as in any of the 1Password apps where you've signed into your account.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.