Mac Chrome extension does not autofill; repreated installs, reboots, etc.; what now?

svandor
svandor
Community Member

1Password 7.5; chrome extension Version 4.7.5.90; Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit);
1. turned off extension, rebooted, turned on extension = nothing;
2. removed extension, rebooted, re-installed extension = nothing;
3. rebooted again = nothing.

I can keep trying all kinds of things, but they're all shots in the dark. Why is autofill not working?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill Chrome Mac not working

Comments

• chasers
    chasers
    Community Member

I am a new user formerly Dashlane and I am experiencing this same problem Help Pls or I am going back to DL

• chasers
    chasers
    Community Member

I removed the extension and reinstalled and it started working Hooray!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @svandor!

What happens exactly when you click on the 1Password browser extension in Chrome? Does anything happen? Is the extension even clickable?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @chasers! I am happy to hear that you got to the bottom of this already :)

• svandor
    svandor
    Community Member

Should have included a pic. Extension window opens, I can use it normally, including cut & paste, but clicking Autofill just closes the window. I sit staring at the username/password fields of the target
    website waiting for Autofill to happen.

• svandor
    svandor
    Community Member

Rebooted again just now and Autofill worked. This is a nasty intermittent problem. Not sure if it is website-specific. All of today’s problems were only observed on one site. If it happens again, I’ll check if all sites are affected.

• Thanks @svandor. Please keep us in the loop. If there is an issue we'd like to get to the bottom of it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.