Logging on through pop-up windows

Is there a particular reason why 1PX will not enter or allow me to choose my logon creds in windows as in the screenshot? I can use the copy feature from the extension icon, but even the mouse context button will not provide the creds. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.4
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimmyweg!

From your screenshot, it looks like you are trying to fill your credentials in a desktop app. However, 1Password X runs entirely inside the browser, so it can help you to login to websites rather than desktop apps. But as you discovered, drag and drop will allow you to enter your credentials even outside the browser ;)

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member

Thanks very much! I always forget that fact. Also, until now, I didn't realize that I could drag/drop creds from the extension. That's
    handier than cut/paste. Perhaps it would be possible to add the ability to drag/drop username and password together and have 1PX paste them appropriately.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jimmyweg:

You are welcome! And thank you for the feedback about the drag and drop. I think we need to be a bit careful not to paste unwanted information (you might want to only drag a password, for example), but it's certainly something we can think about :)

This discussion has been closed.