Can't paste master password in iOS app

andrewrich
andrewrich
Community Member

After rebooting my phone, 1Password wants my Master Password. Okay, I copy it from my secure storage and try to paste it into 1Password. This used to work until perhaps a week or two ago? Now there is no "Paste" toast when I press on the password entry field.

My Master Password is, of course, long and complex. It's difficult to nearly impossible to type it in character by character.

If this is a bug, I'm reporting it.
If this is a user-configurable setting,I can't find it.
If this is by design, I'm requesting a change.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andrewrich! Welcome to the forum!

This is something we do not recommend doing for security reasons, as I am sure you understand. If your Master Password is so complex that you have to copy and paste it because it's impossible to type, it might be time to consider a better password. Specifically, one that is strong but easier to type, so you don't have to store it insecurely on your device. Please look at this documentation page for your suggestions on how to choose a good Master Password that is both strong and easy to type:

How to choose a good Master Password

Having said this, I am able to paste text in the Master Password field in my iOS device, so it should work for you too. What version of the 1Password app are you currently running, and on what version of iOS?

• andrewrich
    andrewrich
    Community Member

1Password version 7.5.3 on iOS 13.5.1.

After I saw your reply, I retested the same scenario and what do you know, pasting works again. It definitely didn't work for a period of time, but it's back now, so that's fine.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @andrewrich! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.