How to move password entry WITH attachments?

mhulse
mhulse
Community Member

Hello,

Any plans to move references? I don't want to be negative, but I find this to be one of the more annoying "features" of 1password.

Is there a feature request in for this? Any future plans? An option to also move references would be so helpful!

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Move items with attachments

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2020

Hi @mhulse!

Is there a feature request in for this? Any future plans? An option to also move references would be so helpful!

We don't have any plans right at this moment, but we have a feature request to look at improving document handling, so I will add your feedback to the discussion :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#1423

• mhulse
    mhulse
    Community Member

Thank you.

Over the years, I feel like this comes up every time I need to re-organize. It can be frustrating when you have multiple attachments.

I have always wished attachments were not treated as new top-level files. Usually these are downloads from the web or screen shots, which are not named anything special. In other words, attachments become like clutter next to passwords. I personally do not see any advantage to having attachments treated like separate entities from the password they were attached to.

Thanks for listening.

• Thanks for the feedback, and for taking the time to share about your use case, @mhulse.

I personally do not see any advantage to having attachments treated like separate entities from the password they were attached to.

There may not be advantages in that case, but for many they had to create other item types in 1Password (e.g. a Secure Note) in order to add a file. For those cases, the current behavior is better. Hopefully we can find a way to have the best of both worlds.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.