Use iPhone to unlock iMac?

Options
1PWguy
1PWguy
Community Member

After using TouchID on my MacBook Pro, I find it frustrating to have to type in my long master password on my iMac every time and I prefer for security reasons to not have it stay unlocked long. Since iMac doesn't have FaceID yet nor TouchID, is there any way possible 1P can allow me to use my iPhone to unlock my iMac? This should be doable.

Not having this feature seems to incentivize people with iMacs to not want to lock their account after x amount of minutes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Use iPhone to unlock iMac

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @1PWguy

I can absolutely understand the desire for that, being an iMac owner myself. Unfortunately there isn't a channel available that we'd be able to utilize to securely transfer the necessary secrets from the iPhone to the iMac. It is possible that in the future such a channel will be offered, but there isn't anything at present, and nothing new was announced at the WWDC conference last month. If there are opportunities to make unlocking more convenient without compromising on security, we'll absolutely be willing to look into those.

I'm sorry I don't have a more encouraging answer off-hand.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.