2FA Using Authy for 1Password iOS 13.x

DrJohninDC
DrJohninDC
Community Member

I tried to set up 2FA using Authy. No problems getting Authy to add 1Password as an authorized account (I use it for a number of other accounts). But no matter how fast I tried to enter the code into 1Password v 7.5.3 on my iPhone running iOS 13.5.1, I couldn't get it to authenticate. It would unlock for a second or two then ask for a code. So I disabled it and will continue to use Touch ID.

1Password Version: 7.5.3 (iOS)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.5.1
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Two-Factor authentication

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrJohninDC!

It would unlock for a second or two then ask for a code.

What happened after you entered your 2FA code at this point?

• DrJohninDC
    DrJohninDC
    Community Member

1Password asked for the code again and again, etc.. I couldn't get it to accept a code no matter how fast I went from Authy to 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DrJohninDC:

It sounds like you were entering the wrong codes, which prompted 1Password to keep asking you for the correct one. When this happens, the very first thing that is worth checking is if the time is the same on all of your devices. 2FA is very time-sensitive, so any drift in time on any of your devices could cause the authenticator codes to be rejected.

A good resource that makes it easy to check this is the following website:

https://time.is/

After making sure the time is the same on every one of your devices, your authenticator codes should be accepted.

If you would like to give this another try, please let us know if this worked!

• lmbranco
    lmbranco
    Community Member

Hi, sorry for digging up an old topic, but I’m having the same issue on my iPhone, which is where I also have my authenticator. So no time difference. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

• @Imbranco

We've had reports that, in some cases, an issue arises during the authentication process (e.g. bad connection, accidentally dismissing the prompt, the OS killing 1Password (after switching away from it) where it can get it into a "loop" like what you seem to be describing. Are you able to login if you open your code generator first and memorize or copy the code before attempting authenticating in 1Password? Please be sure not to switch away from 1Password at the authentication prompt.

• lmbranco
    lmbranco
    Community Member

Hi, normally i don’t get this behaviour in the application itself but when using 1Password to auto fill passwords. Strangely it seems to be working now. So, well, magic it is :sunglasses:
    Thanks for the prompt reply, I’ll try that approach if it does happen again.

• @lmbranco

:+1: :chuffed: If you happen to notice anything that you can share that will help us reproduce this, we would love to hear from you.

This discussion has been closed.