1 password 7 started crashing after installing another app

Options
calmforce
calmforce
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

So - my beloved 1 Password started crashing after I installed (the incredibly buggy) KOTC2:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/description

The game crashed during the first 5 minutes. Directly afterwards 1password 7 crashed and I have not been able to get it to work again. I cannot install the latest version, nor the one before. The installer crashes when it comes to installing scripts.

I tried uninstalling everything possible related to 1Password7, and also restarted my computer to no avail.

I can go back to a time machine a few days ago (and maybe now should) - but just on a chance that the issues are unrelated. Is there any help?

Crashreport in Dropbox (it does not let me attach it). It might have something to do with OpenAL - but for the life of me I do not know how to fix it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh4d1q54n962aii/Crash.txt?dl=0

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: uninstalled
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @calmforce! Welcome to the forum!

We can help you take a look at what is happening and see if there is anything we can do to help. In addition to the crash report, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• calmforce
    calmforce
    Community Member
    Options

Done - I suspect I need to go back to the time machine backup, other apps (like omnifocus) also stopped working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@calmforce:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: Even though this seems to be widespread on your system at this point, we will take a look at the report and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: GPJ-22912-489

• calmforce
    calmforce
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much, it seems like that software replaced the OpenAL framework. I ended up reformatting the system (it is working on it) because I could not be sure that anything else had not been broken. -> issue hopefully solved

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @calmforce! I am glad to hear that you manage to resolve this.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.