Options

Hi, any news on this suggestion?

thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mikel,

We definitely have some great news about this! In October we released 1Password 4 for Mac which includes support for Multiple Vaults. It's a new feature that (so far) is only found in 1Password 4 for Mac, but our developers are busy working on adding support for multiple vaults to 1Password 4 for iOS, as well as 1Password 4 for Windows.

If you'd like to stay up-to-date on any announcements we make about the upcoming releases, you can check out our blog, follow us on Twitter (@1Password), or sign up for our newsletters.

We're really excited about multiple vaults and we hope you'll enjoy using them!

• Mikel Gainza
    Mikel Gainza
    Community Member
    Options

That is great. Perfect timing. I have just found your product after reading 37 signals' "Remote" book, and I was wondering about that

In terms of licensing, we are 2 people in the company that we would like to use 1password for sharing business passwords + personally.
    What license do we get ? 2 single users license? Or 2 business licenses

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mikel,

1Password licensing is Per User, Per Platform. So for example, if you bought 1Password for Mac, that will allow you to install 1Password on as many Macs as you personally use, but you would need a separate license to use 1Password on a different platform (like Windows or iOS). You can read more about this in the "License Terms" section of the following link: https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

If you and your colleague want to each use 1Password personally as well as for business, you would probably each want to buy your own single-user license. Here's a link to our web store: https://agilebits.com/store

For companies that want to buy multi-user licenses for employees, we also have a business web store for that: https://agilebits.com/store/business

I hope you enjoy 1Password!

• Mikel Gainza
    Mikel Gainza
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again

If I get a license for 1Passwork (Mac), and I set 2 vaults

• primary: personal
    • secondary: business

If my business partner get a 1Password(Windows), can I share my secondary Mac Vault with his primary Windows vault

I know 1Password for Windows does not have multiple vaults yet, but I wonder if the single primary can be used to share a secondary Mac vault

Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mikel,

That's a great question. 1Password 4 for Windows is currently in beta testing, and when it is released it will include fancy version 4 features such as multiple vaults. :) For now though, you can sync your secondary (business) vault via Dropbox with your partner. While they will only be able to see one vault at a time, they can manually switch between this vault and their own personal vault if they prefer.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• Mikel Gainza
    Mikel Gainza
    Community Member
    Options

thanks a lot for your quick reply!

So, if you are using 1password for Windows to use 1 vault at the time, how do you switch between the vaults in the Chrome extension?

Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mikel,

Until multiple vaults are available on Windows (which will be at some point on or after the 1Password 4 for Windows release) you will need to change vaults via the main app (File > Open 1Password Data Folder). If you're curious about the new Windows beta, you (or your partner) are welcome to sign up to help us test it: http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/11/13/1password-4-for-windows-is-coming-want-to-help-beta-test/ :)

• Mikel Gainza
    Mikel Gainza
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that Megan. I will share the beta info with my "Windows" partner

We bought 1Password yesterday. It is really useful

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mikel,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password so far! Let us know if we can be of any further assistance :)

• Mikel Gainza
    Mikel Gainza
    Community Member
    Options

Back again :-)

Can you do multiple vaults with the android and iOs apps?

Cheers

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mikel,

Multiple vaults are currently a Mac-only feature, but our developers are working hard to bring them to other platforms, including Android and iOS. 1Password 4 for iOS will read your primary vault at this time.

Keep the questions coming - we're here for you :)

• Mikel Gainza
    Mikel Gainza
    Community Member
    Options

So, in iOS and android, you cannot do as in the PC 1Password app, where you switch between vaults by loading different data folders?

Thanks, great to see that multiple vaults are coming to mobile apps too

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mikel,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to switch vaults on iOS or Android at the moment. With a bit of finesse, we might be able to convince the iOS app to read a vault other than the primary, but this is not something that can/should be done on a regular basis. Our Android app is currently only a Reader, and has limited capabilities. But we've just started beta testing a brand new Android app that will bring many of the awesome 1Password 4 features to Android.

So, we've got a lot of great stuff coming ... soon!

• jkcarter
    jkcarter
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do. I've been using 1password for several months now after reading about it on Troy Hunt's blog, and it's great for personal use.

I'd love to get our software consulting company using 1password, but the sticking point so far has been the lack of multiple vault support. It's great to hear that feature is coming to most of your supported platforms.

Are there any plans to bring multiple vault reading to Windows Phone 8? Read-only is fine. Our employees use pretty much every platform out there, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 8.

• nickmerz
    nickmerz
    Community Member
    Options

I am running 1password on my Mac, my wife's Man, and on my several iOS devices. I have a personal "primary" vault, and the wife and i have a shared "spousal share" vault, sync'd through Dropbox. it seems clear from trolling the forums that there is no way to get the secondary vault sync'd up on our iOS devices today but that functionality might be coming. Is there a reasonable work-around?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jkcarter,

Thanks so much for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying 1Password so far! We'd be thrilled to help you get set up with 1Password for your company as well, but I certainly understand you wanting to wait until multiple vaults are available on more platforms.

Unfortunately, we make it a policy to not promise anything with respect to unreleased features, so I can't say anything definitively about multiple vault support for Windows Phone. I can tell you that our developers are working hard on 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Android, with active beta testing currently happening on both platforms. Once those versions have been polished up and released, it will be much easier to turn their attention to the Windows Phone platform.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you here, but if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help!

Hi @nickmerz,

Support for multiple vaults on iOS is coming just as soon as our developers can get it ready! We know many users are excited for this feature, and we very much appreciate your patience.

While we wait for this great feature to be ready, let's see what we can do to get you sorted out. I have just a few follow-up questions to be sure I understand your situation:

• Are your and your wife's primary vaults synced via Dropbox as well?
    • Would you prefer to have access to the secondary vault instead of the primary vault? (Would viewing your shared vault on iOS be more useful than the primary?)

Once I know a bit more about your situation, we can talk options. :)

This discussion has been closed.