Can I specify HTML elements to fill items in?

I want to sign in to https://www.smbc.co.jp with 1Password. Its (very ugly) sign-in page is https://direct.smbc.co.jp/aib/aibgsjsw5001.jsp.

It requires the below values to sign in. Inside parenthesis are HTML id value.

• Branch Code (S_BRANCH_CD)
  • Account Number (S_ACCNT_NO)
  • Password (PASSWORD)

I want 1Password to fill in all of them. I think it may be achieved by specifying HTML id, HTML name, or something like them.

How can I do that?

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tmsick!

Can you try first to save the login manually in the browser? When there are three fields to fill, this procedure is usually enough without having to make manual changes :)

• tmsick
    tmsick
    Community Member

Thank you, @ag_ana.

I followed the instruction and 1Password seems to have correctly detected the three sign-in information (Branch Code, Account Number, and Password).

However, it fills only Password and I have to manually fill in the other two values.

Can you give me more information to solve this problem?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tmsick:

Thank you for the update! I can have our developers look at this website and see if there is anything we can do here. I tried testing the website, but when I enter something in the first field, the website disables the second field, and viceversa. Is this what you are seeing too?

Because if the website really disables one field when you type something in the other, and this is how things are supposed to work, it's possible that 1Password won't be able to fill all fields, as the website is actively preventing this.

• tmsick
    tmsick
    Community Member

Thanks for the fast reply, @ag_ana.

when I enter something in the first field, the website disables the second field, and viceversa. Is this what you are seeing too?

Yes. The site requires one of

• branch code and account number pair, or
    • contract number

and password to sign in. I have all the above information and now using branch code and account number combo. Here, the contract number is separated into two pieces with no reason (yes, this is one of the biggest banks in japan🤦)

it's possible that 1Password won't be able to fill all fields

I understand the possibility. But can you have your developers look at this site to check if the auto-fill works?

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@tmsick:

Certainly, I can ask them if they can take a look. So far I have not been able to fill all fields at the same time for this reason, but perhaps they can suggest something else :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#2025

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @tmsick ,
    What a wacky login page :chuffed:

I did manage to autofill these fields though, check it out:
    1. Open your 1Password 7 app and edit the login of this website.
    2. Select one of the empty custom fields under the website URL and name it "S_BRANCH_CD".
    3. Under the name, put in the required input you want it to autofill, then on the far right side of the field, change its type from a "Text" field to a "Phone" field.
    4. Repeat steps 2-3 for the other field but name it "S_ACCNT_NO".
    5. Save and close 1Password, then try to autofill on the page. Please note that you might have to autofill twice, because when the other set of fields are getting disabled it steals the focus from the password field and 1Password misses it.

• tmsick
    tmsick
    Community Member

@ag_ana, @ag_yaron:

Thank you, it worked! Now, please close this case :)

• Thanks for the update @tmsick. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.