Mac can't update new version

Options
Mbrydon
Mbrydon
Community Member

I received the update but the update won't complete, says turn 1password off and still won't install the update.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500002) Mac App Store
OS Version: 10.5.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mbrydon!

Please make sure that 1Password is not running before you proceed. Try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and see if you can continue the update.

• Mbrydon
    Mbrydon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you that worked

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

• jsejcksn
    jsejcksn
    Community Member
    Options

When installing other updates from the App Store, if the app is running, the user is given an option to Quit the app in order to install the update. With 1Password (for as many App Store updates as I can remember), this has never worked. If I select Quit to complete the update, it times out and I get this system notification:

I have to

as @ag_ana suggested.

Is this issue on the engineering team's radar so a fix can be made?

• @jsejcksn

Yes, development is aware and working on the issue.

• @smithwood

We understand the update experience needs fixing. I am sorry for the trouble.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

This had been an issue sometime ago as well but then an update had corrected this to where we didn't have to manually "completely quit" 1Password, that process would happen automatically and the update would complete. But this has apparently changed with recent versions. On my mac I get the message that the update can't install while the app is running and to click "Continue" to close the app and have the update complete clicking that Continue button does nothing and I have to manually use the mini to quit completely.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pappjo:

Indeed, I remember this being fixed in the past with an update, but it looks like the bug managed to make its way to us again. In the meantime, please continue quitting 1Password manually the way you wrote, and that will allow you to complete the update. Our developers will continue working on this to make sure it hopefully does not continue happening :+1:

This discussion has been closed.