3 filed login

Options

I have search the various previous posts on 3 field logins and find that the solutions do not work. When creating a new login seems that only 2 of 3 fields are captured. How do you force a third field? I have tried deleting old login and creating new ones manually as several posts document but find that these ultimately do not work.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Mark

1Password Version: v7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @markcalexander

The standard way of doing this is using these instructions:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

If the fields are split across multiple web pages, then you'd need these instructions instead:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

If neither of these produce a working login item, please let us know the URL to the login form in question and we can take a look. Thanks!

Ben

• markcalexander
    markcalexander
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben

I have tried the save Login Manually. All it does is save 2 of the 3 fields. They are all on the same page so not across multiple pages. In fact, in my case it is saving the 1st and 3rd fields but not the 2nd.

I have tried deleting the login and starting from scratch several times and it keeps repeating. All done in Chrome. I guess I can try in Safari and see if it is treated differently there?

When I look at the prior posts they all seem to only capture 2 fields and get false positive that the third entry is carried forward as in one video post. If you clear out the data I suspect only 2 fields would reappear.

Any other thoughts?

• markcalexander
    markcalexander
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried in Safari as well and get the same result. Only 2 fields filled - the 1st and 3rd.

Not sure what the problem is. Is there no way to add a third field manually?

• Ben
    Options

I have tried deleting the login and starting from scratch several times and it keeps repeating. All done in Chrome. I guess I can try in Safari and see if it is treated differently there?

I don't imagine that is going to make a difference, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

Any other thoughts?

If you can please provide the URL to the login form we can take a look. :)

Ben

• markcalexander
    markcalexander
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben,

Here is the URL for the login form:
    https://www.floridablue.com/employers

Mark

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @markcalexander ,

I tested the website you sent over and saw the issue. The problem is there are two password fields on the website.
    We're currently in the process of improving 1Password in such situations where more than one password field is present and are hoping to have it ready in the near future.

For now, I'd suggest you add that password to your login item manually in a custom field, then when you need to autofill you can simply drag it with your mouse from the 1Password extension into the field on the website. That way you autofill the first and 3rd fields, and use drag and drop to fill in the 2nd password field.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Keep your apps up to date and hopefully this will improve soon :)

This discussion has been closed.