How do I set the defaults for the password generator?

Would like to know how to set the defaults for the password generator such as number of characters, use of numbers, use of special characters, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Chrome
Sync Type: Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:How do I set the defaults for the password generator?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hey @harveyzuckerman1 ,

If you're referring to the suggested passwords that 1Password shows you when you sign up for websites, then these have a predetermined recipe that cannot be changed by users. If you want to generate your own passwords with your own requirements, you can do so as follows:

1. Click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser to open it.
    2. Click the big "PLUS" icon to reveal the menu.
    3. Select the "Password Generator" (the first option in the menu).
    4. You'll now reach the full-fledged password generator where you have full control over the passwords you generate. It will also keep your settings for the next time you visit it, and you can see the generator history there in case you ever lose a password you generated. :chuffed:
  • harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member

Thank you. That's exactly what I was asking about.

• On behalf of Yaron, you're welcome.

• allweeksend
    allweeksend
    Community Member

So I had this same question and figured it out, but can this be a feature request? It was actually hard to find the password generator (since it's pulled out of the list of items to add--putting it on top made sense but literally took me half an hour to find). It would be great if the settings for the password generator would carry over to the suggested password or if those preferences could be set separately.

Cheers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback @allweeksend! I have passed your feedback to the developers as requested :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#66

• allweeksend
    allweeksend
    Community Member

@ag_ana thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @allweeksend! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do :)

This discussion has been closed.