How can I link Documents to other items in the web version of 1Password?

stefanorgc
stefanorgc
Community Member
edited July 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

*I am not sure if I should post this here or in the section "Link related items in 1Password".

I am a Linux user so I do not have access to the desktop apps. I work only with 1password.com and 1Password X. That said, I can only upload files to my vault under the category "Documents" and not directly to, for instance, a passport item. This would be fine but I cannot then link the upload file to any of my items. That is, if I up a scan of my passport in the category Documents, then I would like to link it to one of my items in the category Passports but I cannot. Am I missing an option for this or there is no option for this in the web version?

Thank you for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Centos 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @stefanorgc ,

Adding files directly into an item that is not a document is only possible on the mobile app. The desktop app can only link a document item to another item (even if it is a passport item, you cannot directly add a photo to it), and the web app cannot do either.

We're currently working on unifying our core code so that all of our apps and clients will have the same features, but it might take a little while until it can be released.

The best thing to do at the moment is have a passport item with all of your info, so it would be easy to copy-paste whatever's needed when you need it, and a document item that contains an actual picture of your passport, in case you need to show it. Name both of these items identically (e.g. My Passport) so that when you look for it you'll find both.

I hope that clarifies the situation :)

This discussion has been closed.