The Touch ID part of 1Passwords's Preferences is now missing.

Options
Stickdog40
Stickdog40
Community Member

The Touch ID part of 1Passwords's Preferences is now missing. Touch ID was working to unlock 1Password 2 days ago. Now the only option i have is to use my master password.

I have tried rebooting and removing/re-adding my touch ids with no success as suggested in this thread:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/341710/#Comment_341710

I have macOS Sierra, Version 10.12.6 (16G2136), running 1Password 7, Version 7.6 (70600005) from the 1Password Store.

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G2136)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Stickdog40

I see you also sent us an email message. Tom has replied to the email you submitted. Please continue that conversation with Tom.

ref: XTH-64592-259

• cytotoxic
    cytotoxic
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am having the same problem with the latest version of 1Password. Have also tried rebooting, enabling and disabling Touch ID in Mac settings page, re-enrolling finger print, etc. Any ideas where to from here?

• Stickdog40
    Stickdog40
    Community Member
    Options

This is apparently because I need to have at-least macOS High Sierra 10.13. I will update when I upgrade my OS. (it now moved up much higher on my to-do list. :) )

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cytotoxic:

Can you confirm what version of macOS you are currently running?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stickdog40:

Thank you for the update! I am glad that you managed to find the cause of the issue :)

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with during the update.

• cytotoxic
    cytotoxic
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Hello, I am running Mac Sierra 10.12.6 and 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005). The loss of Touch ID seems to correspond to the most recent automatic update of 1Password. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cytotoxic:

Thank you for the confirmation. In this case, it seems that you are indeed running in the same limitation. You will need at least macOS 10.13 for Touch ID functionality, since 1Password 7 requires at least 10.13 to work properly. It might still work on older macOS versions, although that is not a compatible combination, so we can only guarantee that it will work on 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15.

• cytotoxic
    cytotoxic
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Hello, unfortunately I am unable to update macOS due to some work software no longer being supported on later versions of macOS. If I download and install the previous version of 1Password 7.5, will that restore TouchID functionality? Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cytotoxic:

I understand, thank you for the update.

If I download and install the previous version of 1Password 7.5, will that restore TouchID functionality?

It might work, but it's an unsupported configuration, so there is a chance that Touch ID will not be enabled again. For security reasons, we also recommend keeping 1Password always up to date, so going back to a previous version is not something that we can officially recommend.

• cytotoxic
    cytotoxic
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

I ended up reinstalling the previous version and indeed TouchID was re-enabled so I'm glad about that for now. Thank you for your assistance

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @cytotoxic! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.