Fingerprint Unlock unavailable - Samsung Galaxy Tab S3

Introspective
Introspective
Community Member

Hi, I have been receiving the following error for a few months on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.

The error appears when I switch on Fingerprint logon from the settings screen, I am presented with the fingerprint icon, I touch my fingerprint sensor, the error message appears

I have tried un-registering my fingerprints, rebooting, and registering them again as per https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/498574/#Comment_498574 but this does not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul

1Password Version: 7.6.1.BETA-5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Introspective!

Has fingerprint unlock ever worked on this device before? You wrote that you have been "receiving the following error for a few months", so I was wondering if this was something that you were able to use before.

• Introspective
    Introspective
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, I have had fingerprint logon working before on this device. It just stopped working one day.

I apologise but I can't think of anything that I changed that would have stopped it working. Maybe joining the beta program??

Is there a way I can send a log or something that may assist?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Introspective:

I apologise but I can't think of anything that I changed that would have stopped it working. Maybe joining the beta program??

Perhaps even an Android update, maybe going from version 8 to version 9? Would that ring any bells?

Is there a way I can send a log or something that may assist?

We can certainly try to take a look at the app logs and see if there is something we notice there. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Android device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Introspective
    Introspective
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

The ticket number is #CHW-95488-149

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Introspective:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: And I see that Peri has already replied to your email, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :)

ref: CHW-95488-149

This discussion has been closed.