1Password Unresponsive Webfill and 1Password Mini

Options
sumocomputers
sumocomputers
Community Member

I get this condition several times per day.

The "CMD \" hotkey simply doesn't work, nor does 1Password Mini.

I have to go to another app and then back for it to work again.

You can a video screen recording here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0JGIcgc2ZuA3R

1Password Version: 7.6 (Mac App Store Version)
Extension Version: 7.6 (Safari)
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• sumocomputers
    sumocomputers
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

I get this condition several times per week.

When trying to use "New Login", often 1Password Mini becomes unresponsive.

I have to Quit 1Password Completely, reopen, and then it starts working again.

It is shown on FireFox, but happens on Safari as well.

You can a video screen recording here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0JJu8EH6SRhYs

1Password Version: 7.6 (Mac App Store Version)
    Extension Version: FireFox 4.7.5.90 & 7.6 Safari
    OS Version: 10.15.6
    Sync Type: 1Password for Families

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sumocomputers!

I have merged these two posts because I think they might be caused by the same thing. I wonder if this suggestion I wrote in your other discussion might help refresh things when it comes to this too (typically restarting 1Password fixes behavior like this, which is difficult to reproduce).

• sumocomputers
    sumocomputers
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the problem. My issues are easy to reproduce, and "Completely Quitting" 1Password several times a day is not a long term solution.

Not to mention that the "CMD \" doesn't require 1Password to be completely quit as a workaround.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020
    Options

@sumocomputers:

My issues are easy to reproduce

That's great! Can you share with us step by step instructions to reproduce both of these? I believe it's the first time I see this, so I would be happy to test!

The video shows the behavior in real time, but following your steps does not allow me to reproduce this (1Password mini and the Save menu are always responsive), so you are doing something differently somewhere (or there might be something wrong on your system, in which case we might have to look at some logs).

• sumocomputers
    sumocomputers
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, just use the Mac App Store version of 1Password throughout the day with all the other versions of browsers, etc. I listed, and you will see the problem multiple times.

If that does not suffice, perhaps I can run some sort of log collector and submit those when it happens.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sumocomputers:

If that does not suffice, perhaps I can run some sort of log collector and submit those when it happens.

I think this would be useful :+1: Please see this other reply that I have just sent you for the instructions ;)

This discussion has been closed.