migrated to new mac pro - webfill not working in Chrome

Options
cbreese
cbreese
Community Member

Migrated to new mac pro. Installed new 1password extension. Chrome and 1Password both in Application folder. 1P extension is enabled. I can click on extension to get drop down menu but none of the auto fill passwords show. I can run 1Password desktop app and see all saved passwords, but extension does not auto webfill.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension not autofilling on Chrome. I have verified Chrome app and 1 Password are in Applications

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cbreese! Welcome to the forum!

I can click on extension to get drop down menu but none of the auto fill passwords show.

Can you post a screenshot of this empty list in 1Password mini? Thank you!

• cbreese
    cbreese
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cbreese:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• cbreese
    cbreese
    Community Member
    Options

done. same status.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cbreese:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• cbreese
    cbreese
    Community Member
    Options

I resolved the issue! I don't completely understand, but I had several copies of Chrome in app folder and two in my quicklaunch bar. After reducing down to one working copy of Chrome and relaunching 1Password and Chrome, the problem has gone away and the mini app is working as expected. Again, don't completely understand but during troubleshooting I saw an error message about 1Password not being able to verify signature on Chrome, which led me to inspect my copies of Chrome more closely. Regardless, thank you very much for your help.

• SvenS1P
    Options

Ah, this sounds like it's something to do with the issue you were seeing @cbreese. 1Password checks whether the running version of Chrome matches the one stored on your computer, which is called a signature check. If 1Password can't verify the signature of Chrome (or any other browser that we support) then it will refuse to connect to ensure your saved items remain safe.

However, when Chrome has a pending update, the files on disk have already been updated but the running version of Chrome is still the old version. In this case, when 1Password checks the running version of Chrome against the version stored on disk, it sees that there's a difference between the two and won't connect. To fix it, you would need to restart Chrome in order to fully complete the update.

Even if Chrome was fully up to date, it sounds like the multiple copies of Chrome were somehow not allowing our signature check to complete properly. I'm glad this is working for you now, but please let us know if you have any other issues or questions for us!

This discussion has been closed.