On Save: Not 'reading' disabled or readonly fields

I love 1Password and have been using it for a long time, but one thing I find really annoying and that is that it doesn't always save the email address for a new account. This seems to be specifically related to signup forms where the email address field is in a disabled or readonly state.

This is quite a normal use case for systems where you are invited to register. For example, a colleague invites you to join AwesomeSystems and refills your email address, names etc. The account on AwesomeSystems gets created, and an email invitation with a timebound token to take up the invitation is sent. Then when following the link to complete the registration the email address and name details are often shown on the form but disabled or read-only. And the user is invited to create their own password.

So 1Password save gets activated to save the password, but it doesn't save the username or email address (for the reason what seems to be that they are in disabled or read-only state).

This is really annoying as that would mean you then have to manually edit it, or the next time has forgotten what that login detail was.

It would be great if 1Password doesn't ignore read-only fields on creation of a login.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Local and Cloud

Comments

• Hey @Bl4ckGryph0n. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. I'll get this submitted to the development team so they can take this into consideration as they work on the future of 1Password. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#2137

This discussion has been closed.