1Password 7.6 is unresponsive on macOS 10.15.5

Options
pmcarrion
pmcarrion
Community Member

I have been unable to properly use 1Password since upgrading to version 7.6.

1Password becomes unresponsive when opening both 1Password and/or 1Password Mini via the cmd-\
It also becomes. unreponsive while searching, editing and saving items.
It takes up to 10 minutes to complete any of these tasks.

I have restarted the computer and reinstalled 1Password several times and the problem is still there.

I have not tried to force-quit it in order to avoid losing data.

Is there any way to fix this? It's really affecting my workflow.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pmcarrion

I'm sorry to hear 1Password is running so slowly for you. I'd like to get a sample from 1Password on your computer. The next time the issue occurs, please do the following:

1. Open Activity Monitor from the Utilities folder of your Applications folder, or use Spotlight to find it.
    2. Search for "1Password 7".
    3. Select it and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    4. When it is finished, save the sample to a file.
    5. Attach that file to an email to support+forum@1password.com

Step 3 in particular needs to be done while the issue is occurring. A sample is a "snapshot in time," so to speak, so it will only be helpful if it is taken during the issue. This will give us insight into what 1Password is doing, which will help our development team better understand the problem.

When you email in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here. Thanks!

Ben

• pmcarrion
    pmcarrion
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I just sent you the requested sample and 2 screenshots. The support ID is [#TXC-58156-163].

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Perfect. Thank you. We'll be in touch as soon as we've been able to review the samples and come up with further thoughts.

Ben

ref: TXC-58156-163

• pmcarrion
    pmcarrion
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

The same problem appears with 1Password 7.7.

I already had to force quit it once after waiting overinght for it to respond. 1Password contains important data and I avoid force quits as much as I can.

I use a Mid-2012 Retina MacBook Pro and with the latest version of macOS Catalina (10.15.7). Big Sur cannot be installed on this computer.

Both the 7.6 and the 7.7 versions of 1Password have been very problematic.

Can you please provide the link to download version 7.5 and solve these issues with version 7.7 ASAP?

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

@pmcarrion:

I see that you emailed us again with some new logs, thank you for that! So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EPV-79373-499

This discussion has been closed.