Farley
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Android

Can't get to install and operate on my 8" Fire Pad................ADVISE

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:? 1PW on a Amazon Pad/ Can it be?

Comments

• Farley
    Farley
    Community Member
    Options

It does not take much words to understand my question, and why would the company not cover such a simple thing???

• Farley
    Farley
    Community Member
    Options

It is me yet the subject was an Amazon Fire Pad installation?

• peri
    Options

Hey @Farley. I see that you've emailed as well, and I've replied to you there. Let's continue the conversation over email. ref: WKY-67972-545

For anyone else coming across this thread, 1Password is designed for the Android operating system, and available exclusively through Google Play. It's not available on Fire OS through the Amazon Appstore.

• Farley
    Farley
    Community Member
    Options

I dont understand what the source of the program has to do with the ability of the program to operate in a operating system. I downloaded fro Google Play and it did not operate.

• peri
    Options

@Farley Fire tablets don't run the Android operating system. but Amazon's own operating system called Fire OS. It's based on Android, and while it's similar in a lot of ways, there are some differences. As 1Password is optimized for Android, we can't guarantee it will work on Fire OS.

I downloaded fro Google Play and it did not operate.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Were you able to install 1Password for Android on your device? If so, can you elaborate on the problem you're having with it?

This discussion has been closed.