One 1pw7 for two apple ids?

tommy
tommy
Community Member

I have 1pw 7. I recently set my wife up with a new apple id on her iphone and ipad.
I installed 1pw with my master pw and i seems to work fine
I have not been able to have passwords appear on a password protected page as it does on my devices. Also I have been unable to keep the app open for say 5 mins but have to log in every time
We have family sharing set up.
Is this a workable solution, or will I be better off with family sharing?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: ??
Referrer: forum-search:one 1pw on two apple ids

Comments

• Hi @tommy

I'd be happy to help with that.

Is this a workable solution, or will I be better off with family sharing?

If you and your wife intend to share an individual account there is nothing wrong with that... you'd both have access to the same data, and would use the same credentials for 1Password. If instead you'd like to be able to each have your own dataset, with your own credentials for 1Password, then you'd need 1Password Families.,.

I have not been able to have passwords appear on a password protected page as it does on my devices.

Have you turned on 1Password in her phone's Password AutoFill settings? Instructions can be found here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Also I have been unable to keep the app open for say 5 mins but have to log in every time

This is a configurable setting. You can find a number of options in 1Password > Settings > Security. Further details can be found in this guide.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@Ben got it. Thank you

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.