syncing through subscription

hhipkens
hhipkens
Community Member

I've been using 1Password successfully with my iPhone for months. I bought a subscription today and I am trying to put 1Password on macbook pro. I have installed it and used the camera to connect the iphone account. However, while the macbook shows the correct account it does not contain the logins etc that are on my iphone. It was my understanding that because I have a membership the sync would take place automatically. Please help me resolve this issue.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 6
OS Version: OS15.6
Sync Type: automatic through membership?
Referrer: forum-search:sync mac book pro

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hhipkens! Welcome to the forum!

It was my understanding that because I have a membership the sync would take place automatically.

Sync does indeed happen automatically on 1Password.com. Can you confirm that you have added your 1Password account to your iPhone too though? You only mentioned doing this on your Mac.

• hhipkens
    hhipkens
    Community Member

I think I solved my problem by migrating the logins from my primary vault on my iphone to my personal vault on my iphone. After i did this 1password on my mac populated. I would like to delete my primary vault on my iphone now. However, when i try it asks for my Master Password. When I enter it is says it's incorrect. However, I am sure it is my current Master Password. Suggestions?

• hhipkens
    hhipkens
    Community Member

I think I've solved the problem by migrating the logins on my iphone from the primary vault to the personal vault. I would now like to delete my primary vault but when I try it requests my Master Password. When I enter my Master Password it says it is incorrect. I am sure that I am entering my Master Password correctly. Suggestions?

• @hhipkens

Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ? If you have difficulty there should be a starter kit item in your Personal vault that contains the Master Password that you need.

Ben

• hhipkens
    hhipkens
    Community Member

I am able to login. Where is the starter kit?

• You should be able to find it inside the Personal vault if you search for 1password.com (in 1Password for iOS you may need to switch from Search Titles to Search Everything just below the search bar).

I would suggest printing a copy of your Emergency Kit, writing in your Master Password, and the uninstalling & reinstalling the 1Password app on your iPhone. When you reinstall you can use the Emergency Kit to sign back into your account. Once complete please store your Emergency Kit in a safe place, such a fire safe or bank deposit box.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.