Is there a way to use 1Password and have it autofill passwords for Mac Applications?

MJ247365
MJ247365
Community Member

I am running Catalina 10.15.5 and it's running 1Password version 7.6. I was wondering if 1Password can also autofill passwords for Mac applications I have installed on my Mac much like it does for any websites I go to?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill passwords to mac applications

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MJ247365! Welcome to the forum!

1Password can only fill credentials on websites, not in desktop apps. It can only suggest the correct logins for desktop apps, but it cannot fill there automatically. You can however drag and drop usernames and passwords from 1Password mini to desktop apps to make the process quicker ;)

• MJ247365
    MJ247365
    Community Member

Okay thanks for the info

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @MJ247365! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• For what it's worth there were some exciting announcements around autofill in macOS Big Sur at Apple's WWDC conference last month. I can't make any promises at this stage, but it looks like there are some opportunities there that we'll be investigating. Anything we're able to do would require an upgrade to (at least) macOS once it is released, though.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.