To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a standalone license. Can't use Chrome Ext. Should I switch to membership?

shuggins
shuggins
Community Member

Hi!
I have a standalone license. I got a new mac. It wants me to add my account which means I need a secret key. I don't have one. I can't use the chrome ext. until I do that. Should I download the 1password application again and sign in? Should I get a membership?

Please help!
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @shuggins

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. It sounds like you may have installed our 1Password X extension, which only works with membership accounts. There is a Chrome extension that works with licensed versions of 1Password 7. You can find that here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

Please uninstall 1Password X first, if you're going to go that route. That said, membership is the way forward with 1Password. There are a lot of great benefits to upgrading, such as the ability to use 1Password X (particularly on computers where you can't / don't want to install the 1Password app), and the 1Password apps for all of your compatible devices are included (no more upgrade fees). You can read more about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to move forward we have a guide on migrating available here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.