Something's wrong with the Password Generator?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Mac

I've been attempting to update my password but the password is going to a different place,

I keep getting password incorrect. The New password goes into Current password, overwriting it, creating extra steps for me. This might not be the first time it happened, but I never took note of it.

Try Garmin : https://garmin.com/en-SG/account/profile/

I not not sure if a screenshot would help?

I tried Agilebits Discussion Forums change password and the same thing happened. The Current password was overwritten with the New password.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know about this @wkleem. I'll ask the team to investigate further.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

When can this problem be resolved? I cannot, now, effectively change and save passwords with these kinds of change password dialog boxes.

I will have to manually clean up the orphaned passwords

Other change password dialog boxes without the need to enter current password should be OK.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem:

Hopefully we will have an update as soon as possible. In the meantime, I have added your experience to the internal issue we use to track this :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4880

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana,

I have modified the steps to go from bottom to top now, instead of top to bottom. Top = Current password. Bottom = Confirm password or New Password. Because the current password is overwritten, so it's best to start from the bottom, for now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, that is a good workaround for the moment @wkleem :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any progress?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hi

I tried 1Password 7.7 Beta 11 and this bug still shows up. I AutoFilled the New Password and it still went to Current Password instead, overwriting it.

This discussion has been closed.